Australian's, please take note. This is how we Poms queue:
1. Discuss what your companions/relatives/friends want in advance.
2. Stand in line by yourself. Have money on hand, preferably correct change (this is why you were taught Mathematics in school)
3. Declare in a clear loud voice what you want. You are not allowed to change your mind half way through.
4. Take your purchase and leave the queue.
Congratulations, you have queued correctly.
* Take your kids with you, all 4 of the little brats, letting them run amok.
* Look at the display or product and wonder to yourself what it is you want. If you don't know, you shouldn't be queuing.